QPath Documentation –
“If you perform a study to use for medical decision-making, you must document it at the time of service”
1) From the Mindray Ultrasound Machines,
- Push F1 and complete the interpretation
- Sign into QPATH via PC/Web-browser and sign the study
2) Sign into QPATH via PC/Web-browser and complete interpretation/sign study
Signing the Study – on the main Qpath screen “accession #”:
- Type “Res” or “PA” – this will let the attending know you have completed your section.
- Attendings will change this to “Res/Done” or “PA/Done” as an indication for the collections department
- For charts that are not completed by Residents on-shift, Attendings will be required to complete the chart, and will type “Done” in the accession # section.
- Incomplete scans may not be used by residents towards their ultrasound certification
*** If you have a critical study being performed (resuscitation, cardiac arrest, trauma) and a Baxter ID was used or incomplete identifying information was used, you must remember to convert the identifying information to include a full name and MRN***
- Billing is now being performed by coders who are reviewing QPATH directly
- For OPE, your scans will be reviewed two weeks after the end of the month
HMED & QPATH
- At this time, there is no interface between HMED & QPATH, consequently, you are also expected to complete a brief procedure note in HMED.
- If you are uncertain about your images and would like addtional review remember to “Submit for QA” on the worksheet
- Remember that your scans can only be QA’d if the interpretations are complete and signed.
- All feedback will be emailed to your Hospital Email accounts (typically Novell/Groupwise).
Intersting Cases/Need Images?
- Under Category & Classification, you can select an appropriate heading to categorize the images/clips for later review
- Contact the ED Ultrasound leadership to obtain your PHI-free images
- All feedback on studies that are QA’d will be sent to your Novell/Groupwise email account
Can’t Login to Qpath/Novell/Groupwise?
- Ensure your Novell login is active and troubleshoot your access by reading this PDF.