- Grossly soiled probes should be cleaned with any paper towel
- T-spray should then be used the probe (other cleaning agents will degrade the probe casing)
Endocavitary Probe Cleaning:
- The probes are delivered to the ED in a steel base after high-level disinfection
- The probes are meant to be used with a sterile rubber covering, lubricant is needed prior to the application of the cover and on top.
- After each use, discard the soiled rubber cover.
- As part of standard work, a PCAs/Techs are expected to disconnect the probe, replace it into an empty steel container and have it sent to central sterile for high-level disinfection
- Intermittently require vaccuming of the fans