Steps to follow in the event of a needle stick, splash or any accidental exposure in the ED
In case of a needle stick, splash or any accidental exposure in the ED:
- Inform the charge nurse
Register at triage to open an ED visit (you should be seen in Fast track promptly)
**DO NOT GIVE YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE CARD**THIS IS WORKER’S COMP **
- Get evaluated by an MD
- Obtain Incident report from ED administrator from charge nurse
- Get incident report signed by your supervisor (attending who sees you as a patient).
- *This form is very important! The completed form must be submitted to Fabio in ED admin office in order for it to be sent along to appropriate departments.
- If you receive a bill, please give it to Fabio and do not pay it upfront.
- If you don’t complete an incident report you are going to receive a bill from the city and it can’t be voided.